[BaseCamp] BaseCamp on Linux ??

Sam sam at beckysam.com
Mon Feb 8 22:29:26 PST 2021

saddle sore wrote:
> Any one successful with BaseCamp on Linux?

Yes.

Curious about this, today I installed wine on my Linux Mint 20.1 system. It also
required winetricks to pre-install the required .net levels before installing
BaseCamp.

BaseCamp_425 (the last support for XP), and BaseCamp_452 (for Win 7) both
install and run. I have not tried all the functions/features, so they may not
satisfy your needs.

All releases after 452 (462 470 471 472 473) do not install.

Also, I do not agree with the negative opinion of Virtual Box. Linux (Ubuntu or
Mint, my preference, which is built on Ubuntu) runs perfectly well in as little
as 2 gig memory. The other 2 gig in you system can be given through Virtual Box
to run Windows 7 very well at near native speed. Win10 is another matter
though. I easily run 2 or three simultaneous VB systems on my 8 gig memory - but
simultaneous disk access is where they all slow down (even with KVM).

--
Sam