[BaseCamp] moving to a new computer

moteramaura moteramaura at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 10:10:32 PDT 2022

Thanks Eric, GMTK is a great app, I use it. Although, a bit  like me, slow and unsophisticated, the plug-in the GPS and update method is simple and gets the job done. Good for a single map user starting out, but if one has the patience to stick with BaseCamp, GMTK is the better tool for map management. All the bestMaura
-------- Original message --------From: Eric Bray <edb4378 at gmail.com> Date: 2022-08-23  5:23 a.m.  (GMT-08:00) To: BaseCamp <basecamp at lists.micapeak.com> Cc: BaseCamp <basecamp at micapeak.com> Subject: Re: [BaseCamp] moving to a new computer I agree with you Maura, but that download process can sometimes take a longtime, especially when you need the maps on multiple computers.  Once youhave GMTK on your computers, it is a much faster process, and it also makesit easy to remove out of date maps.EricOn Tue, Aug 23, 2022, 12:01 AM moteramaura <moteramaura at gmail.com> wrote:> Any unit with lifetime maps, plug in and update will restore the maps> associated with  that unit. Maura> --->To make _ANY_ changes, including unsubscribing from this list, click ----->http://micapeak.com/mailman/listinfo/basecamp