[BaseCamp] moving to a new computer

. ironbutter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 11:29:46 PDT 2022

Thank you all for your help.

I had JaVaWa downloaded on my computer already. I guess  used it loooong
ago. So long ago, I forgot it. Fortunately, when I do some activity
relative to BaseCamp, I leave myself notes/directions usually containing
screen shots. I found my notes on JaVaWa and initiated the process. It has
slightly changed since I used it last, but close enough to what my
notes recalled that it was easy to follow. The 'properties' tab on  my
notes files says it was 2017. LOL.

So, I am back in business with Basecamp on the new laptop. The selected
maps are installed thanks to JaVaWa. All of my files/folders/POIs/etc are
installed from the back-up.

Now that my new laptop is faster than the previous one by lightyears, I'll
get into the Garmin site to update my maps on the GPS as well as the laptop
very soon.

I appreciate your time and ideas.

Joe Y
western PA