Well, now I am in a pickle. fork disassembly tools

Art Lischer alisch80 at mchsi.com
Sun Apr 20 10:31:49 PDT 2008

You need the 1-1/16th socket AND an 1-1/16 Nylock Nut and something to
wedge it in the socket so the hex part that sticks out of the socket
will engage the female socket down in the tube that is the top part of
the damper rod.  With this attached to the extensions (1/2" drive) and
ratchet on top and the allen on the bottom of the fork; use the allen
with an air impact or breaker bar to loosen the assembly.  I think I
used a standard 12pt non-impact craftsman socket and it fit fine.

Hope this helps,
Art in DM