Fandango

mrgilmore at aol.com mrgilmore at aol.com
Tue Mar 31 09:45:24 PDT 2009

Hello guys,

I will try to make it out there as well.

However, right now, I'm in need of some advice.
My "ol' red" was running fine and one day when I went to re-mount and go, I got no dashboard lights at all, and of course, no starter action.? It's been that way for a while now, and I've checked all fuses, and?of course the main one.? I charged the battery and even went and bought a new one.??No go.? I have removed the ignition switch and fiddled with it, and got a red lamp to light, so I'm thinking I should replace the ignition switch.? I am really doubting the wiring?harness or?connection at the starter, etc. since there's been?no "trauma" to the bike that'd logically cause intact wiring to all of a sudden fail...(?) I've pulled and wiggled the connection on the starter, and it is strong/tight.? I'm about to order the switch from Ron Ayers, but pause since I'll bet it's a non-returnable item, and its $93.00...
Any ideas on how to fix my trouble guys?? I sure miss riding.
Thanks in advance to any/all who respond.

Ron Jordan?