Fandango

John Soliday johnsoliday at msn.com
Tue Mar 31 10:04:16 PDT 2009

IMHO the electrical's of Kawasaki products are second only to Norton's for
poor quality.  I've owned Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, HD (V Rod), Norton, and
Suzuki, all from new so my small sample size is at least relevant to me.  My
'88 Kawasaki ZX10 had terrible electrical woes from the day I bought it.
And yes, to your question about the ignition switch, mine didn't go
completely bad (before I sold it) but I needed to wiggle it almost everytime
to get the ignition lights to come on and for it to start.  Curiously it
never shut down while riding though.  That bike also had two coils fail, the
ECM, and the alternator.  I sold it last year but spent nearly ~$800 on
replacement electrical bits over the life of the bike.  I figure my GPZ will
have the same woes but knock on wood, still good thus far.

Your mileage may vary,

Cheers,

John