Western Canadian Rain Festival - A LONG Trip Report

Charles Scappaticci scapco at ecentral.com
Wed Jul 4 11:11:08 PDT 2012

Hi Bill,

The sign is in relation to the stone building to the left.  Apparently,
some expedition in the 1800's came up this way and built four storehouses
intending to come back, but never did.  When people settled in
Stewart/Hyder in the early 1900's they couldn't figure out where this
building came from.  Someone figured it out in the 50's and the building
was restored and eventually the other three were found as well, but have
not been restored.  I heard from several sources that Stewart BC was known
for it's moonshine, but I didn't see any.  :-)

To see the northern lights one would want to go farther north, towards
Dawson Creek.  I was told it is also less rainy up north yet still very
scenic.  Do I want to go again?  Hell yes.

Charles S.