Summer trips

GPZ1100ABS gpz1100abs at gmail.com
Sat May 12 08:57:22 PDT 2012

I have two trips planned for this summer:

1. The 7. International GPZ Forentreffen near Weimar, Germany during
Whitsun. There are going to be around 21 bikes of which about 7 are what
it's all about: The GPZ 1100. Most of the riders who used to own one but
replaced it with something else are still part of the forum. Weimar is
located in Thüringen (the former East Germany), some 700 km (435 miles)
from where I live. It's a green and hilly place with great roads for
riding. I'll bring my neighbour's daughter on the back seat as my
personal translator - her secondary language in Uni is German :-) I can
get along in German on a tourist level, but it does take several beers
to get into discussions about the meaning of life etc ;-)

2. In late June I'll go to one of my absolute favorites in Europe: The
Pyrenees, the mountain range between France and Spain. I am going to
criss-cross the mountains almost from the Mediterranean to the Atlantic
Ocean, crossing the border between France and Spain several times,
including Andorra, which is a sovereign state in the mountains. The
Pyrenees are about 2000 km from where I live, but on the way down I'll
cut the distance with about 1700 km by catching an Auto Train from
Hamburg, north Germany to Narbonne, southern France. I'll ride all the
way home, and if time permits I'll go via the French Alps, travelling on
some of the roads that will see Tour de France just a couple of weeks
later. Coming from a country where the highest peak is 561 ft above mean
sea level I'm really looking forward to this trip :-)

Ped
'96 "Black Stealth" GPZ
Denmark