Carbs!

William P. Zeller bill at cherryriver.com
Thu Apr 9 12:20:17 PDT 2015

My poor 'ol '96 developed carburetor issues late last year: soggy idle,
even a few stalls (from the most perfectly carbureted bike I ever
operated), poor throttle response in first 10-15% of the operating range.
So I pulled the carbs and changed the float valves, which only looked a
little worn at 88,000mi (140000km).
Not much improvement.
Comes the winter, I just put it in the storage unit and let the GL18
have the only berth at home in the garage.
Waking it up, starts okay, but still nothing once  you apply throttle
and load- staggers and dies.
Diaphragms all appeared okay last autumn when I had them out.
Which tree should I be barking up?
Bill Zeller
Lemont, IL