Ticino

Alexander Finger af at genevainformation.ch
Tue Jun 23 12:41:55 PDT 2015

I hade the GPZ already since a couple of weeks parked in Bern at work. The
big plan was to go to Bellinzona, in the southern part of Switzerland (for
work as well) and then head back through italy home on Saturday.

Today I did the first leg, Bern -> Bellinzona. First following the motorway
to Thun, then over the Alps to Wassen, then through the tunnel (17km) into
Ticino. The "border" is in the middle of the tunnel - suddenly you see the
emblem of the swiss italian canton. While you get cooked, the temperature
in the Gotthard Tunnel felt like 30°C ;)

On Sustenpass (2262m, 7000ft) I had snow and was glad that I had packed
warm underwear and the winter gloves.

Pictures are here, hope you can see them.

https://plus.google.com/photos/114745060194474458839/albums/6163656211544827569

--

http://eisago.eu
FR: +33 6 61 95 30 25 / +33 4 58 10 03 52