So long, and thanks for all the fish...

Don Wilcox leanintree at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 13:45:02 PDT 2015

Well, it's been real, it's been fun, and it truly HAS been real fun. As of
Monday night, I sold off the Almighty Geeper to a young man looking for a
commuting alternative to his F250 w/ V10 gas hog. The GPZ has served me
well for over 12 years and 50,000 miles, sold to him with over 75,000 on
the odometer.

I must admit, the longevity of the GPZ is astounding... it actually has
made it a difficult sell. With so many bikes on the market pushing 10-20K
miles, it seemed like the mileage was definitely scaring away buyers before
they even contacted me. My protestations that it didn't need to rev high to
go like the wind fell on a number of deaf ears, but I'm confident that is
the new owner cares for it he'll turn over 100,000 in his ownership. If he
cares for it. If.

That said, I imagine that I won't be asking many questions anymore about
the GPZ since I won't really need to. However, I want all you reprobates to
know that I have MORE than appreciated all of your wisdom and wit over the
GPZ years. You helped me resurrect the Geeper from one low speed crash, and
being backed over twice (by different pickups). You helped me with
maintenance that would make a strong man curse (carbs anyone?). You're
accumulated knowledge has been invaluable, and I have an appreciation for
sheepskin I never would have expected.

Just because I'm getting maudlin, Before and after:
New to me in 2003:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/LEANINTREE/BIKE%20STUFF/jpzmontage.jpg

Post crash 2006:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/LEANINTREE/BIKE%20STUFF/May1503.jpg

For sale 2015:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/LEANINTREE/Craigslist%20For-Sale/GPZ-SALE-006_zpshjhsdoo2.jpg

Oh, and in case you're wondering, I stayed in the Kawasaki fold... Replaced
the Almighty Geeper with a 2002 ZRX1200R, Bone stock when I got it, now
with touring windshield, transplanted Throttlmeister, and with various bits
powdercoated electric green (because what's the point having a powder coat
shop at work if you don't abuse it sometimes?). Fits my recent style
better, less mile eater, more road warrior.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/LEANINTREE/2002%20ZRX1200R/0623152015a_zpsj0owo0i4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/LEANINTREE/2002%20ZRX1200R/0623152016a_zpskdpnsbqo.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/LEANINTREE/2002%20ZRX1200R/0623152016_zpsqn5d9lut.jpg

Take it easy, and keep safe, y'hear?