Handlebars- adapting ZG/GTR bars

William P. Zeller cherryriver at cherryriver.com
Mon May 7 17:48:49 PDT 2018

While it seems odd to the point of silly at this very late remove, I am
wanting to snatch the complete handlebar setup I've had on my GPZ since
very nearly day one: a Storz adapter taken from my previous ZG1000 (GTR)
along with the superlative Heli Multi Tour Sport handlebars.

The comfort level possible with this outfit is astonishing, not to
mention the many happy hours of geekily tinkering with the infinite
adjustments possible.  I really needed this, too:  The stock bars were
cruel to my poor neck, damaged in '85 when I fell through a roof
structure I was building while neglecting to tuck in my chin as I passed
through my beautiful new rafters at a shockingly high speed.  Disc
damage has been with me ever since, and leaning forward in the sportbike
manner is rewarded with days of neck pain from having to hold the noggin
up and bending the neck to do so.

(My days as a carpenter were also compromised by this- looking upwards
for a day to, say, nail up ceiling crown moldings or constructing a
kitchen soffit was agony not always mollified by the paycheck to come.)

However, things change and I've given thought to plopping on a set of
Concours bars for a cheap, fast replacement.  I just can't recall the
conventional wisdom of this kind of transplant. Remains there anyone
here who either tried it or can remember someone else's results?  Connie
bars are cheap on Ebay nowadays but even so I hate to waste even that if
it's going to result in windshield contact to any extreme.

Thank you in advance.

Bill Zeller

Lemont, IL,
And my Pearl-Greenish Black '96 sporting 101K on the clock.