[Tanx] TA Brake Upgrade

J. Braun braunj at cb77.org
Sat Feb 13 20:21:27 PST 2021

The upgrade is really simple.
1. Suspend front end and remove front wheel
2. Remove brake rotor and replace with Hawk GT rotor
3. Unbolt brake caliper - DO NOT disconnect the brake line
4. Bolt adaptor to fork leg
5. Bolt caliper to adaptor.
6. Replace the front wheel
7. Be amazed at how much better the brake force and feel are

Obviously use appropriate Loctite everywhere. New brake pads are suggested
if the old ones are significantly worn.

A friend just bought a CNC machine and needs a project to practice on. I
told him I needed a spacer block for a TA and he said he'll do it using the
one I have on my TA as a pattern.

He has to get the power company to come in with 3-phase 240v power but when
that's done he can get started. ETA is probably May so it's not a rush job.

I don't remember what mine cost me but that was 30 years ago. I would
expect the cost to be between $25 and $50 each. Cheap for the work to be
done. Depends on how many people want them. I have used this setup with a
Galfer wave rotor and really like it.

J.

--

 *Infectious laughter isn't the good thing it used to be.*

Read my blog - mondaymotomadness.blogspot.com