[Tanx] Friend looking for a TA for sale someplace in New England

Adam N. taxonomy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 10:12:59 PST 2021

It's strange but I bought mine for $2,700  with bags and some other nice
touches.  I bought Jason's for $1,800 but it was a non runner but it was a
simple fix (I think it was an electrical ground in the ignition circuit).
Mint plastic and a little rust.  Low, low miles too. Transalp seems to be a
cult bike without any cult members.  People ask $5K but I doubt anyone ever
gets it.

BMWs are actual cult bikes. People will pay actual money for them and the
dress alike and talk with a lot of words that are meaningless to me.  I
believe you also have to have a beard or have had a beard. I am not
entirely sure about that last part. I used to be a member of the Yankee
Beemers so I have been inside the cult.

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 12:59 PM John Borella via Tanx <
tanx at lists.micapeak.com> wrote:

> I paid $3600 new for my 1976 BMW R90/S. Now it's worth $15-$20K. Old
> motorcycles appreciate eventually. My TA has about the same mileage as the
> one in the ad & lots of nice accessories. I've thought of selling it & that
> $5k price is about what I'd ask for mine.
>
> John Borella

> *Subject:* Re: [Tanx] Friend looking for a TA for sale someplace in New
> England
>
> $5000!  Sheesh. I paid $4150 for mine brand new, had it for 10 years and
> sold it for $3500.  It was a bit underpowered for commuting on the Garden
> State Parkway.  Wish I still had it - it would be perfect for me now.
> Milt

Adam Novitt