[BaseCamp] seemingly continuous loop

-=maura=- moteramaura at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 18:51:56 PST 2015

I am running windows 8 with this:
http://www.classicshell.net/
It seems very stable and does the job , no problems to report , 18
months use.

For old dawgs who do not easily learn new tricks :)

Some BC content:

File>backup
File>restore

Are your friends. Use them constantly. Use them before you upgrade, or
monkey with anything like external software that might affect BC.

On the windows touch screen, BC is getting better and better. A year ago
, not worth bothering, but now I am using it quite a bit for zooming and
moving around. Its no i-pad but it has crossed the threshold into useful.

More non BC that might affect BC:

To create an icon to BaseCamp (or anything) on your desktop: Start> all
programs>highlite BaseCamp (under Garmin folder most likely)>right
click>send to desktop
How does this work in windows 8? I would not know, with classic shell I
am living in a hazy bucolic past of windows 7.

MS has announced free upgrade for windows 7 and 8 users for a limited
time to windows 10. We'll see how that goes. You won't see me in the
early adopter line-up, but I will be paying attention if it seems
advantageous to upgrade. Running both 7 on the desk and 8 on the laptop.
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/windows-10-will-be-a-free-upgrade-for-people-108748128944.html

Windows 9? Expecting the world's largest software company to be able to
count? You must be joking ;)

Maura