[BaseCamp] seemingly continuous loop

Jim Hatch jamesdhatch at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 20:22:44 PST 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 9:51 PM, -=maura=- <moteramaura at gmail.com> wrote:

> To create an icon to BaseCamp (or anything) on your desktop: Start> all
> programs>highlite BaseCamp (under Garmin folder most likely)>right
> click>send to desktop
> How does this work in windows 8? I would not know, with classic shell I am
> living in a hazy bucolic past of windows 7.

Assuming you're not running a Win7 mimicing shell like ClassicShell, you
can find the exe - swipe from the right to open the Charms bar (its name is
changing in Win10 btw) and click on the Search. Type Basecamp and it will
show you a Basecamp icon. Right click that and pin it to the Start (it will
show up on the "Modern" desktop as a tile, way off to the right until you
move it where you want it. Or right click and select Open file location.
You'll be brought to the directory in the File Explorer and you can right
click it from there to send it to your desktop (the Windows classic
desktop).

If you get too used to using it in "classic desktop mode" then you forget
about things like the Charms Search. Sometimes that's an easier way to do
things than navigating through the file trees or program menus. It's fast.

Jim