[BaseCamp] Turns List Page on ZUMO 590

Carroll carrollwalker at cox.net
Thu May 14 10:29:53 PDT 2015

I have a ZUMO 590 which I would like to use on the Turns List Page (page
with written turn by turn directions).  Unfortunately the indicated mileage
to the next turn in this page/window does not work correctly on my ZUMO 590.
All the other windows/maps on my ZUMO 590 works great, the mileages count
down and does all the good things.

I have called and talked to three Customer Support Reps at Garmin that has
verified that this page/window on their test ZUMO 590 does NOT work either.
According to the Customer Support Reps at Garmin, someone above them is
telling them the displayed mileage to the next turn/event is not designed to
count down like all the other Garmin devices (Street Pilots, 2610, 478 and
the ZUMO 660).  Also on my 590, when I pass through a target on the top line
of this turns list page, the page sometimes will not update to the next line
down.  Another way of saying this, this page is screwed up big time and is
useless to me.

Garmin has agreed to replace my ZUMO 590 but I am almost certain the
replacement unit they send me is going to have the same problem as the one I
have now.

BTW, this page/window will not work correctly when I have the 590 in the
simulation mode (method used by the Garmin Customer Reps to test) or when I
am riding on a route.

I don't trust what these guys at Garmin are telling me so it would be great
if someone who owns a ZUMO 590 would test their device and let me know how
their unit performs on this page/window.

Also,  I understand that ONLY the mileage on the top line of directions on
the Turns List Page changes or counts down which is unlike most of the older
GPS devices.

Thanks in advance,

Carroll Walker