[BaseCamp] populating cells in the BC properties box

Jerry White jerrywhite518 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 23:20:39 PST 2017

I would first validate that those values can exist in a gpx file. Export a
fully populated waypoint to gpx and open the file in a text editor.

Then validate that basecamp can import them. Import your gpx back into
basecamp and open it. See if that stuff survived the export/import process.
Note: unless you rename the waypoint to a unique value, or delete the
original one first, you’ll end up with a duplicate waypoint. BC will
probably automatically rename it to _1 or something.

So once you know for sure that basecamp can do what you want, now you have
to figure out how to create a gpx file from your spreadsheet. I guess
gpsvisualizer isn’t it. Gpsbabel maybe? Write your own in python or some
other language?

Sorry for the long answer. I don’t have a shorter one.

Jerry