[BaseCamp] WOTL Needed for BaseCamp

saddle sore ironbutter at gmail.com
Fri May 26 10:52:10 PDT 2017

I always thought that "Always match route to the map on my device when
transferring"  meant that whatever route was developed on my laptop via
BaseCamp would be transferred exactly to the map on my GPS.  Ha. ( It's
sorta like the "Optimize Route" option in that it does anything BUT what
you'd think it was going to do.  It is one of the options I have learned to
ignore with BaseCamp.  )  The work around that I am aware of to get the
route you create on your laptop via BaseCamp to be exactly the same there
as on your GPS map is to insert lots and lots and LOTS of shaping points
while you are creating the route in BaseCamp on the laptop.  Using the
INSERT icon from the toolbar (looks like a fat pencil/crayon and a plus
sign) just tap along the route and insert shaping points.