[BaseCamp] BC message: "maps not installed on device"

saddle sore ironbutter at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 09:20:07 PDT 2018

Thank you for the help, advice and ideas.  I updated the laptop maps
first.  Did that yesterday.  That didn't resolve my problem.  The error
message came back.  So this morning I set aside time and updated the Zumo
maps.  Since the maps are too large for the internal memory, I have to load
maps in two steps.  First using Garmin Express, as much as the internal
memory can hold is loaded to the internal memory.  Then I have to use
MapInstall to load the remaining maps onto the external card.  It takes a
long time.  Once I had the maps loaded, I sent the route to my Zumo again.
No error message this time!  I have no idea what could be different, but it
seems to be working AOK now.    I appreciate having this forum as a
resource for ideas.  Thank you,  especially thank you to Stephen and
Charlie.