[BaseCamp] Verify My Sanity (BC Feature Confirmation...)

Maura moteramaura at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 07:19:09 PDT 2018

Basecamp is a route planning program. It does not have the same function as
the GPS device.
For route planning, the hours of travel is important. Is this route 18
hours or riding or 19? Makes a difference. Basecamp is also tied in your
computer to your computer clock.IF it is set to your home time zone , then
your basecamp arrival time will be off if you are in another time zone.

Basecamp does not distort the travel time by switching time zones. This is
a good thing.

In my zumo, the time zone switches from the initial input. So if you are
going on a one hour trip over a time zone, it can show it taking like 2
minutes to go 70 miles. Not good for time/fatigue management.
In my Montana, the time zone switch does not occur until you cross over
into the time zone itself. So the two units are often out of sync by an
hour. Older 376c and 478s do not make time zone adjustments.

You need to understand how your particular unit handles time zones. It is
easy to make a critical error that can leave you an hour late if you rely
on GPS time zone switch .

Hope this helps

Maura